Dear Friends of Cinema CNC:
up until 40 minutes ago, the Film Festival was going to go ahead; however, Provincial and Municipal initiatives to address the outbreak of Covid-19 have necessitated cancelling of large events for the near future. This means that there will be no festival this weekend.
It is our intention to postpone the festival until a more disease-free period [early May?] and, ideally, the line-up will remain the same. This means that tickets purchased and passes acquired will remain valid, just for a different day.
These are early minutes, so I haven't completely thought-out how best to proceed with refunds for those who would prefer this. Rest assured, you will be refunded, if that's what you desire.
Otherwise, the festival will happen, as promised, just on different days... stay tuned.
Unless, of course, this is the end-times as prophesied, in which case we will have some other concerns to discuss.
Please share and forward and tell your friends who might not see this message.
With sincere apologies,